Search This Blog

Saturday, December 11, 2010

"Forgot" one of the worst ones...

I have only one small, out of focus picture from when I was well over 300 Lbs. (136 KG) taken when I was living an almost completely sedentary existence.

This picture was taken in the spring of 2005 when I was still a union local Secretary/Treasurer :


I hate this picture below now but thought it looked pretty good then as I had lost over 60 Lbs. from my worst above. 


April, 2009    234.1 Lbs.   (106.1 KG)
This was taken four months before I left for the bush and was down to 89 KG. Of course, taking it off is, in retrospect, the easy part. It's keeping it off that's the bitch.


November, 2010   168.6 Lbs.   (76.4 KG)
This is where I stand at the end of 2010, cycling between the low one sixties and the high one seventies with 180 putting me into an existential panic that all this effort is being lost. One of my metaphors is that of a leaky boat, out on a pond with my continuously and unrelentingly bail of water or will eventually sink.  The water is like fat, filling the boat and the bailing is burning calories.


No comments:

Post a Comment